Chiropractic care is more than just making the pain disappear. It is about learning, understanding and taking care of your body to improve your quality of life. Achieve Superior Health and Balance with Northeast Chiropractic
At Northeast Chiropractic Center serving Alpharetta, Roswell and Johns Creek, we educate our patients about chiropractic and other natural solutions to common health problems. We enable you to take a more active and responsible role in restoring and maintaining your own health as well as the people around you.
We understand that although our patients may be diagnosed with the same condition, they respond very differently to treatment. For this reason, we tailor a specific plan of action to meet each person’s needs and goals based on their unique medical and physical condition.
We understand changing health care needs and keeping up with the most current techniques and approaches to addressing health problems can be a daunting task. We are here to help. We hope that you will find this site helpful in learning more about our gentle care, as well as the ways that it can improve the quality of your life.
Recent articles from our blog:
Northeast Chiropractic Center will be hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, June 4th!
Time: 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.
We will be giving free spinal screenings the whole day! Also all participating donors will be entered to win a prize from our raffle and get a free goodie bag!
We will have prizes from Starbucks, Mattress Firm, Palm Beach Tan, and a Free Hour Massage at Northeast Chiropractic Center to name a few!
Blood is needed in the area! Call to sign up (770)-451-9494Read more...
The beautiful blue skies and warm temperatures of spring often motivate us to open the windows, let the fresh air in, and give our homes a thorough cleaning. Be careful though, household chores can sometimes literally be a pain in your back. Even common cleaning activities, such as loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing dishes, scrubbing the bathroom, and vacuuming the floors, can cause back strain resulting in anything from mild discomfort to debilitating pain.
Fortunately, you can lessen your risk of injury by making sure you are using proper form while cleaning. It also helps to take plenty of breaks and to do a little each day instead of one marathon session.
One of the most important things you can do to protect your back is to always make sure you use good body mechanics while lifting heavy objects, such as a bucket full of soapy water or a heavy vacuum cleaner. Make sure to always bend at your knees rather than your waist, and always keep the item you're lifting as close to your body as possible to reduce back strain. Also, make sure you are facing the object you are picking up (rather than twisting while you lift) and if you need to place it to the side of you, turn your whole body to face that direction before bending your knees and setting it down.
Here are some additional tips to help protect your back:
- Whenever you need to stand for an extended period of time, see if you can find a way to lift one of your feet a little higher than the other one, and then periodically alternate. For example, if you are washing dishes, you can open the cabinet below and rest your foot on the ledge to reduce back strain. (Cashiers, and other people who stand all day, often find this little trick invaluable.)
- When vacuuming, transfer your weight back and forth between your front and back feet, using your body weight to propel the vacuum as you lunge. Also, periodically switching from one hand to the other helps to keep your muscles working in a more balanced manner, reducing back strain.
- If you can, switch hands while scrubbing your bathroom or performing other similar tasks, and pay attention to your body mechanics, making sure to minimize any twisting.
- Don't overdo it. As mentioned earlier, spread out your chores throughout the week, doing a little at a time. Similarly, if you have a lot of dishes to do and notice that it tends to aggravate your back... only do half and let them dry in the dish rack while the others soak in hot soapy water, finishing them later.
- If you notice your back is feeling tight, take a break, lie down on your back, and hug your knees to your chest until your back muscles relax. This may be a good time for some additional stretching. Your chiropractor can show you some easy stretches that can help reduce muscle spasm and tension.
- If your back is hurting, use an ice pack wrapped in a thin towel. If you don't have a frozen cold pack, a bag of frozen vegetables can make a good substitute.
- If the pain continues for more than a day or two or if you experience numbness, tingling or any weakness in your extremities, see your chiropractor. At Northeast Chiropractic Center, we specialize in spinal health and can help identify and treat your problem.
Did you make your New Year’s resolution? Research shows people who make resolutions before the ball drops are 10 times more likely to reach their personal goals. Whether its weight loss, muscle tone, or overall wellness, we at Northeast Chiropractic Center have some tips to help you stay on track.
Did you know that the brain is the command center of your body? It controls your decision-making, ability to think and reason, and your body’s ability to move. A properly aligned spine allows your nerves to function properly, restoring your body’s control center. This sets you up for mental and physical success in the new year.
A properly aligned spine also gives your body the power it needs to self-heal. While trends like Garcinia Cambogia and other weight-loss pills gain nationwide popularity, chiropractic is a holistic, drug-free way to improve bodily functioning. Adjustments can remove pressure caused by excess weight or restore areas injured by tough exercise. The key is longevity and overall health and wellness. Chiropractic care is a non-invasive way to help you reach this goal.
Imagine chiropractic adjustments as yoga for your spine. Nerves from your spine connect with the muscles throughout your entire body, including your legs, neck, and back. Therefore, spinal health is crucial to increasing your mobility and getting the most out of your exercise routine. We teach our patient's proper exercise techniques to use at home to further their goals.
The staff at Northeast Chiropractic Center wants to help you reach your goals for 2015. Call today for an appointment. We can evaluate your needs and offer you advice on how to reach an optimal level of health and wellness in a lasting way