Buddy Week is almost here! February 8th – 12th bring a friend in need to Northeast Chiropractic and they will receive a FREE consultation, exam, and any necessary x-rays! When you refer a friend you receive a highly coveted NECC T-shirt, Entered into our raffle to win a new Fitbit, and the undying gratitude of a pain-free buddy! If you haven’t been in a while you can get a FREE exam too! So what are you going to do?! Call your buddy and make an appointment!
To spread Christmas cheer to everyone we will be collecting NEW and UNWRAPPED toys as part of the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots Program between November 30th- December 18th.
- All current patients who donate a toy will have their name entered into a drawing to win a $100 Gift Card to Top Golf!
- If you refer a friend or family member you will earn another ticket to be entered into the raffle!
- Mention this to a friend or family member and they will receive a free consultation, exam, and x-ray in exchange for a toy!
We hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Our office hours for the Holiday are:
CLOSED: Thursday, November 26th
CLOSED: Friday, November 27th
Normal business hours will resume Monday, November 30th at 8:00 a.m.
Neck pain can be acute (short term) or chronic (recurring or persisting for months and even years), but regardless, when you’re in pain, relief is the first thing on your mind. Just as important as relief, of course, is finding the cause and ensuring you avoid the behavior / action that brought the pain on in the first place.
Here are five common causes of neck pain – and why doctors of chiropractic are well-suited to relieve the pain and determine the underlying cause.
1. Poor Posture: Leaning over a desk all day or slouching in your office chair? You’re bound to develop neck pain eventually, if you haven’t already. Do this quick test: In an upright or seated position, round your shoulders and back (poor posture). Does it impact your neck as well? Exactly!
2. Monitor Madness: Staring at the computer screen for hours at a time? That’s not good for your health (or sanity), but from a neck pain perspective, it’s madness, particularly if thescreen height forces you to crane your neck up (too high) or extend it down (too low).
3. Sleep Issues: Ideally, we spend a third of our day sleeping, so your sleep habits – for better or worse – can have a dramatic effect on your health. With regard to neck pain, anytime you sleep in an uncomfortable position, particularly one that stresses your neck musculature (think about side-sleeping while grabbing your pillow tightly, sleeping on your stomach with your arms out in front of you, or even sleeping on your back, but with a pillow that doesn’t adequately support your neck), you risk neck pain.
4. Technology Overload: We may spend a third of our day sleeping, but we increasingly spend the other 16 hours typing, texting, tapping and otherwise interacting with our smartphones, tablets, etc. Bottom line: bad for your neck. One doctor has even coined the phrase, “text neck,”to describe the neck pain that can result from this constant technology interaction.
5. The Wrong Movement: Twisting, turning, stretching and stressing your neck is an easy way to cause neck pain. While the muscles in the neck are strong, they can be strained, sprained and even torn, just like any other muscle.
It’s important to note that beyond these common causes, various other health issues can also contribute to or directly cause neck pain, including fibromyalgia, cervical arthritis or spondylosis (essentially spinal arthritis), spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal), infection of the spine, and even cancer. The good news is that a doctor of chiropractic can help identify which of these or the above causes is to blame.
When neck pain strikes, most people turn to a temporary solution first: pain-relieving medication. But that’s not a permanent solution, of course, and it doesn’t address the cause of the pain at all, which could be something relatively minor – or more serious. What’s more, research suggests chiropractic spinal manipulation is actually more effective than over-the-counter and prescription medication for relieving both acute and subacute neck pain.
Suffering from neck pain? Then give your doctor of chiropractic a call. They’ll help you relieve your pain and determine the cause so it doesn’t return.
Make sure to get your adjustment before the Holiday! We will be here today until 6 p.m. and tomorrow (Thursday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We will be Closed:
Friday, September 4th – Tuesday, September 8th.
Normal business hours will resume Wednesday, September 9th 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!
Apple IPad Mini: Rebecca C.
Two Braves Tickets: Matthew B.
$25 Varsity Gift Card: Linda G.